📜 What is Youtube Vanced? ❓
Vanced is a very useful tool that will give you the possibility to download your favorite YouTube videos in a simple, fast and intuitive way. One of the characteristics of Vanced is that, once installed, you will access its main screen, very similar to the YouTube interface, so you will only have to search for your favorite videos to proceed to download them.
Therefore, once the video in question is located from the Vanced platform, you will only have to click on the arrow (located in the lower area of the same) and, after that, indicate the resolution (among other parameters) that you most like. interest, depending on the device from which you are going to enjoy them. Vanced is an interesting tool with which you can download as many YouTube videos as you need in a matter of seconds.
Also known as iYTBP (YouTube Injected Background Playback) previously developed by Master_T, a main contributor on XDA forums discontinued the project and some other developers took it and renamed it «Vanced». Now Team Vanced (@Razerman @ZaneZam @Laura almeida and @ KevinX8) continues with official YouTube app updates. YouTube Vanced is a popular modified version of YouTube. It adds a number of features to the official YouTube app, including built-in ad blocking, background playback, black / dark themes, and much more. This page has installation instructions and download links for non-rooted devices.
📌 Characteristics 🔍
- Block all ads (switchable)
- Background Playback
- Force VP9 (or HDR) or vice versa
- Override maximum resolution
- Pinch to zoom (for all devices)
- Togglable Casting (can be forced)
- Toggle themes (black, dark, white)
- PiP – Picture-in-picture mode (Oreo only)
- Automatic repeat function
- Preferred speed and resolution
- Main Features
Features the option of an amoled black theme to reduce eye and battery strain. Blocks All videos ads and allows you to play videos in the background or in Picture in Picture (only on android 8.0 and up). Swipe controls allow you to control brightness and volume like how it is in other video player apps such as VLC or MX Player (with configurable padding). New auto repeat feature allowing you to enjoy videos like tiktoks/vines or simply continue playing a song on loop. Not liking the new comments section or miniplayer? Those also can be toggled to the tablet versions which are very similar to the old version (albeit slightly buggy).
- Allows you to override Codec options such as forcing H264 for old devices or VP9, this also allows you to force HDR playback or turn off 60fps if you prefer a cinematic experience. (Custom device configs for these features can be found on our discord or XDA)
- Force the default video resolution as high or low as you want and even override your screen resolution for that sharp 4k playback on any device, and also allows you to change default playback speed to anywhere between 0.25x to 2x (assuming your device is powerful enough)
- Allows you to toggle home ads, most UI ads, Merchandise ads, Community posts, Movie upselling, compact banner info (such as the covid info), remove comments entirely, compact movie, movie shelf removal and many more!
- Sponsor Block
- Features the ability to skip annoying sponsor segments (where a youtuber advertises a service or product in the middle of a video)
- It also supports skipping other categories, such as intros, outros and reminders to subscribe.
- Uses the API found here. You can find more information on how it works
- Also allows you to submit your own segments to the API and contribute to the wider community
- Complete control over whether to automatically skip a segment category or show a button for skipping, or simply just not skipping it at all.
- Highlights the segment in the specific colour based on its category in the playback timeline.
⚒️ How to activate the Black/Dark theme?
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner
- open settings
- Open advanced settings
- Open Design Settings
- Activate dark clock and dark theme
⚒️ How to fix Login and Chromecast issue?
- Download the modified MicroG.
- Install it like you would normally install any other apk.
- Enjoy YouTube Vanced.
📲 How to install (update) YouTube Vanced 📦
- Download and install Vanced Manager on your phone.
- Open the app, select Install Youtube Vanced.
- Select the installation method (Root / No root).
- Install Youtube Vanced. For devices without Root, you will have to install MicroG first.
⏬ Download YouTube Vanced APK for Android 📥
YouTube Vanced APK works like a MOD version of Youtube. This application has many additional features to help you solve some annoying problems when using the normal version of Youtube.
Integrated ad blocking.
YouTube Premium and Vanced have the ability to play videos in the background.
It has HDR compatibility. HDR stands for «high dynamic range» and can drastically increase the quality of the video.
Pinch to zoom a video to fill the screen on phones with larger aspect ratios.
Choose your chosen video resolution and playback speed, and it will remember your preferences for all future videos.
Sliders for volume and brightness make it easy to change these settings while watching a movie, especially if you’re in full-screen mode.